The role of the Fathers in Jack and Jill is two fold: primarily, support the Mothers in their endeavors to educate and teach the young kids and teenagers about African American culture, civic responsibilities and the importance of obtaining an education; and secondarily to serve as role models for our young children by being involved in their lives as they transform from kids to youth to adults.
Our Father's Auxiliary is planning several activities throughout the program year.
The local Father's Auxiliary is led by a father appointed by the chapter president to perform the following duties:
- Act as a point of contact for purpose of gathering and disseminating information to the local Fathers.
- Organize the local auxiliary according to the needs of the local Jack and Jill of America, Inc. chapter and coordinate with its officers.
- Advocate the understanding of Jack and Jill of America, Inc. organizational goals.
- Assist with local programming as needed.
- Assist with community service projects as requested.